20 Questions to Ask Yourself When You Are Searching for Your Purpose
Many of my coaching clients come to me unsure about what they want to do with their careers.
They do know that they want to make a difference in the world.
But they are not sure what they want to do, and how they will support themselves doing that thing.
A lot of the information about your purpose is already in your life. It may be much closer than you have thought before.
Here are 20 Questions you can ask yourself to get closer at identifying your purpose:
1) What (if anything) do you enjoy doing that you would do all day if you could?
2) Of the activities that you enjoy doing, what in particular is fulfilling about them?
3) What cause are you especially concerned with in the world? (examples: the environment, hunger, homelessness)
4) What skills do you have that helped you in previous jobs?
5) Do you work well in large groups, small groups or working on your own?
6) Are you self motivated and proactive, or do you do better with someone else directing you?
7) What did you fantasize being when you were little?
8) (continued from #7) What seemed exciting about that job or occupation?
9) What if anything would you teach?
10) What makes you happy, brings you joy or makes you smile?
11) Who inspires you the most (authors, teachers, mentors), and what do they do?
12) What is particularly inspiring about the way those people do their work?
13) What do you love to learn about?
14) What do people ask for your help with the most often?
15) What do people compliment you on?
16) If you were going to get a group of friends or acquaintances together, what would be the theme of the gathering?
17) Imagine that you are 90 years old and looking back at your life. You are deeply grateful and happy with the life that you have lived. What did you accomplish that you are the most proud of? What are the relationships and experiences that were of the most value?
18) If you had a large audience in front of you, what would you like to tell them and why?
19) If you had a dream come true, what would it be?
20) What would you do if you couldn’t fail?
Once you have the answer to these questions, you can begin to see themes and patterns that are the beginnings of your map to identifying your purpose.
By Sefora J Ray
As a facilitator and teacher, Sefora has worked with hundreds of people to shift old pattern, access greater wholeness, and create new ways of relating in the world. Sefora offers private therapy and life coaching sessions in Oakland, Ca, empowering people to identify blocks and move toward life goals, prioritize their empowerment, liberate from old patterns, create practices that support their lives, have fulfilling relationships and become their fullest self. She creates a safe space for growth and reflection, bringing compassion, humor and insight to her work with individuals and couples.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sefora_J_Ray