Everyone on this spinning planet has the capacity to be successful in every area of their life if that is what they choose to do.
Success results from cultivating certain habits, sticking to them, and commiting to practice them consistently.
Consistency is a ‘must’, not a ‘should’. No negotiating here.
Remember that all the stuff we collect as we go through life is NOT what I mean. It’s not about the bells, toys and whistles… I mean all of those joyful moments and experiences you enjoy as you live a long, fruitful and purposeful life.
Successful people have a certain type of personality. They have created it, they have developed it, and what’s best is… it is learnable by all.
It is simply just another skillset that is available to anyone. Successful people think in a particular way, talk in a particular way and act in a particular way. (More on Success Peoples’ Character Traits here.)
Are you already a successful person? Then you already practice some of these principles below, if not all of them.
Here are 10 of the principles of success that are bound to help you if you practice them.
1. Develop a clear vision of what exactly you want to achieve in your life. Carry this vision in your mind at all times. This is the starting point to success.
2. Believe without any doubt that you will achieve your dreams. Believe that the higher power that has already been giving you whatever you needed so far, has also given you the capacity for everything you will need in the future.
3. Stay away from negative influences such as negative people, books, articles, etc. Surround yourself with people and things that boost your belief that you will succeed.
4. Take responsibility for your past and your future.
Don’t let your success depend on anybody else, take responsibility for your own life.
5. Create the habit of repeating positive affirmations to yourself. Speak your affirmations in personal and present tense. Write down your affirmations. Affirmations cause your mind to stay fixed and focused on your goal. They build your self-confidence and deepen your belief.
6. Set a specific goal that aligns within your vision. No conflicting goals allowed. Your goals need to be precise, measurable, realistic and time deadlined.
7. Work out your plan of action. Break down your plan into small tasks. Remember consistency is vital to reach your goals.
9. Persistence is the key to success. Treat every failure as a learning opportunity. And always push yourself towards your goal.
10. Maintain an attitude of gratitude, realizing that your dream is already becoming a reality. Look around you and be grateful for things that you already have, and be grateful for all you will have. Just stay grateful, it is an awesome place to be.
These are just some of the principles of success. Act on these with faith and persistence, and you will never fail again. (unless you want to quit that is)