Want To Stop Procrastinating?
Here is the tip. Believe That You Can!
The power of belief is a critical key to success in everything you do. Whether your goal is to rise to the top of your profession or to be a better weekend golfer, you have a better chance of success when you believe you’ll be successful. And by believing that you can defeat procrastination, you can start to take charge of your life today.
You must learn how to control your negative thoughts and emotions. When your mind says you can’t do something, refuse to listen to it. Don’t express your negative thoughts in words; tell your mind and say it out loud, that you’re going to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
It isn’t easy sometimes, but it’s worth the effort. Many people procrastinate because they’ve already made up their minds that they’re going to fail. If you are one of these people, the most important thing you can do today is to stop believing what the procrastination demon has been telling you.
Human beings are unique because of their ability to change – to become more. But before you can change, you must be able to accept full responsibility for everything you do. Smokers who say they “hate” smoking are deluding themselves – as an ex-smoker, I claim some authority on this topic.
We have a choice. We always do. People smoke because they want to smoke. It may be very hard for many people to quit smoking, but that’s not the point – they’ll never quit as long as they lie to themselves about the real cause of their habit. People are able to quit smoking when they really want to quit. They have to have a big enough “why”.
Take this quiz to find out if negative thoughts are causing procrastination in your life:
1. When you tackle a job, do you expect to be successful? Do you think you’ll be able to complete the job successfully by giving it your best effort?
2. Do you visualize your success? When you face a difficult task and feel like giving up, are you able to give yourself a pep talk to stay motivated?
3. When friends, family members, or others help you recognize a habit that you need to change, are you able to recognize the truth in what they say? Do you believe you can change your bad habits?
4. Do you accept responsibility when your projects fail, rather than looking for something beyond your control to blame it on?
5. When your mind says you’re going to fail, do you replace these negative thoughts with positive ones?
If you answered “no” to any of the above questions, ask yourself what you can do to approach life with a more positive attitude.
Do you want to go on living with negative thoughts, doubts, and fears? Are there any benefits of clinging to a negative attitude? Take each of the five above scenarios and change them around. Positively see yourself overcoming reluctance and doubt. You have what it takes within you right now.
We can change bad habits by wanting to change them and by believing we can change them. Power up and fuel that desire for what you want. You can defeat the habit of procrastination in your life – especially when you begin to believe that you can.