How to Write Positive Affirmations – by Rusty O’Conner
Self-belief is an integral component to becoming a successful goal setter and achiever.
If you believe in your own ability, and are willing to research your goals thoroughly, you will have a very high chance of success.
If however, you question your own ability and lack confidence, you will most likely stumble and falter along the road to success.
One way to improve your self-belief is to write positive affirmations.
Positive affirmations are a powerful tool to help turn your life around. However, you need to make sure that you are writing them in a way that is significant and meaningful to you.
To do this, follow the simple and easy steps detailed below:
1. Work out what you want: Before you can begin the process of writing your positive affirmations you need to work out what it is that you want to achieve. We recommended breaking this down into four key areas (health, finance, family/friends and community / spiritual). So start by ascertain what you want to achieve in these four areas. Remember: It should be a balance.
2. Write down what you want to achieve: Now write down all of the things that you want to achieve in these four areas, in the form of positive statements. Weather it is making more money, improving your health or spending more time with your family write them down. Try and be as specific as you can, as this will help you in the next step.
3. Turn your desires into affirmations: To do this you need to make them relevant and specific to you. Start with the statement “I am” and always keep the affirmations in the positive. We don’t want any negative talk to bring you down.
Your affirmations don’t have to be too long, or overly complicated. However it is best to add some emotion to it, as this will keep you motivated.
To help you out we provide some examples of positive affirmations below:
· I am so happy that I now earn 150k per year through passive income.
· I feel happy and blessed to be able to spend 3 hours of quality time with my family a day.
· I feel happy and healthy that I now weigh 73kg, and eat healthily every day.
If you want to make a positive change to your life, then start by developing up positive affirmations. To do this, work out first what you want to achieve, and then start writing affirmations to fit in with this. If you make sure they are specific, meaningful to you, in the positive tense and have some emotion, you will soon be living them..
All you have to do is re-read them every day. Here’s to your success.
If you want to learn how to finally achieve your goals, then check out our free goal setting e-book at Goals Setting
Rusty O’Connor has been an avid goal setter for the past 10 years and has written numerous goal setting and time management articles and has provided in-depth advice to numerous clients. Outside of goal setting and time management, Rusty enjoys Internet Marketing, rock climbing, surfing and traveling. Rusty is married with four young children and currently lives as an expat in the Middle East.